Independently tested and certified by DNV GL, the DDU is a reliable and fast data processor that can be configured to validate data streams, combine or merge them, filter and thin, translate entirely if necessary, and log incoming and outgoing. Its large library of data management plugins enables OSI to adapt the DDU to any platform.
Data can be routed from any input interface to one or more outputs, in any combination; for example, sensor data to ECPINS, vessel position from ECPINS to the CMS, ARPA tracks from a radar to the CMS and ECPINS, wind speed to ECPINS and the meteorological system, rate of turn and rudder angle to a repeater, IPMS alerts to CAM.
In addition to data management, the DDU fulfills other task in support of an INTS. The DDU mediates sensor data according to the Consistent Common Reference System (CCRS) as required in the latest IBS standards. This depends on a single accurate time, which the DDU can also provide from its Time Server. The DDU hosts a Central Alert Management (CAM) system that enables the operator monitor system performance. The DDU also handles the transfer of the control of each radar between workstations.
• Independently tested and certified by GL/DNV GL
• Input and output via TCP/IP, UDP, serial RS-232/422, and Synchro
• Open architecture for data management plugins
• Data validation, filtering, merging, translation, and logging
• Consistent Common Reference System (CCRS) service
• Central Alert Management (CAM)
• Central time source and distribution
• Automatic “head-less” operation
• Web-based configuration and monitoring interface available across the network