Benefits of an In-Service Support Contract
Unplanned hardware and software maintenance can be a reality for complex systems. An In-Service Support (ISS) program can mitigate the unexpected, tailored to the customer’s requirements, is a cornerstone of optimized operational availability.
An OSI ISS program counteracts uncertainty and alleviates other problems through maintenance planning using Reliability Modelling and Logistics Support Analysis.
A Scheduled and Corrective maintenance program saves the customer the expense of uncertainty. The added value of including an ISS agreement into the procurement package will be recognized through the life of the equipment with less downtime and more operational efficiency.
Ease of Mind
Unplanned hardware and software maintenance can be a reality for complex systems. An In-Service Support (ISS) program can mitigate the unexpected, tailored to the customer’s requirements, is a cornerstone of optimized operational availability. An OSI ISS program counteracts uncertainty and alleviates other problems through maintenance planning using Reliability Modelling and Logistics Support Analysis.
A Scheduled and Corrective maintenance program saves the customer the expense of uncertainty. The added value of including an ISS agreement into the procurement package will be recognized through the life of the equipment with less downtime and more operational efficiency. An OSI ISS agreement is the customer’s assurance that if OSI equipment is not operating as it should be, it will be taken care of.
An example of this is in heavily regulated, highly complex Integrated Navigation and Bridge Systems. Replacement equipment often requires long lead times. Through spares modelling, OSI manages a Recommended Spare Parts List (RSPL), thus mitigating unnecessary delays caused by supplier lead times.
Equipment Maintenance & Software Support
Optimized Approach to ILS
Logistics Support (ILS) methodologies optimize system efficiencies, reduce costs, and enhance operational availability. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Reliability and Logistics Support Analysis Predictions are implicit in OSI’s through-life support underpinned by a philosophy of “Zero in Mission Maintenance” and progressive, focused obsolescence management to aggregate equipment and software replacement costs.
Your in-service support requirements are matched by our comprehensive support offering. We offer a blended approach to your installation and commissioning requirements, delivering service by OSI’s specialized support team or in-country Approved Support Partners. In addition, customers can select from a range of of fully tailorable ISS packages discussed on page 4, ranging from essential service desk support (Package One) to full availability agreements (Package Four).
Service Desk 24/7/365
OSI provides maintenance and software support services via a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) 24/7/365, delivered through OSI Service Centres and Approved Service Partners worldwide. Choose
from one of OSI’s premium service packages designed to deliver effective year-on-year Through-Life Support performance. Examples of services include:
• Incident Management
• Problem Management.
• Obsolescence Management
• Change Management
• Configuration Management
Basic & Enhanced Solutions
This baseline package starts with core support services and allows the subscriber to add services from other packages.
Package One offers:
• Optimum Service Desk Support, Registration, and Annual Access
• Establishing System Assets and Configuration Baseline
• Change Notification
• Technical and Safety Bulletins
Package Two includes Package One plus:
• Ticket resolution and incident management
• Identification and qualification of support risks
• Performance reporting against contractual Service Level Agreements (key performance indicators)
• Secure Service Desk Portal Access with live ticket progress updates and knowledge management
Package Three includes Package One and Two and is enhanced with additional services to deliver maximize System Availability:
• Problem Management: Methodical approach to identify the root cause of a complex incident, manage the life cycle of all problems minimizing the impact of incidents and eliminate recurring failures
• Obsolescence management: Proactive approach to Obsolescence to optimize system performance and spares availability
• Tailored Annual Refresher and New Starter Training: Maintain the competence of operator and maintainers
• Maintenance Period and Docking Support: Conduct planned corrective and preventative maintenance during scheduled support periods
Package Four is a premium package that includes all OSI support benefits allow with enhanced additional services:
• OSI Depot Spares Management: Procurement and management of Customer spares held and managed by OSI to optimize replacement Line Replacement Unit Availability
• Periodic Mid-Life Enhancement: A proposal will be delivered to the Customer for Approval to provide a Technical Refresh to address significant obsolescence and equipment reliability
• Maintenance, Support Data & Training Packages Optimization: OSI will conduct a periodic review or technical and training information to optimize supportability data
• Dedicated OSI Level 3 In-Country Support: A dedicated OSI in-country Service Engineer for maintenance delivery
Flexible ISS Contract Packages
OSI offers blended ISS Contracts to maximize the Operational Availability of our customers’ bridge and navigation systems and delivered directly by OSI or an approved in-country Approved Service Provider. OSI has developed a range of highly competitive, tailorable In-Service Support Contracts based on the Bronze base package, or with additional benefits of Silver, Gold and Black solutions ranging from basic Service Desk support to full availability agreements.
The OSI Service Desk is delivered through the Single Point of Contact hosted from OSI’s Canadian Headquarters. OSI believes in continuous improvement and will be adding enhancements to its Service Desk delivery. A cloud-based solution, accessible anywhere in the world enables Customer and Approved Service Provider support.
When internet access is not available such as during Communication Blackouts and Submarine Dived Operations a standalone System will provide Service Requests and Incident Tickets to be raised by the End User.
Structured Deployable Spares Solutions
OSI recognizes the challenges associated with supplying highly regulated systems such as Bridge and Navigation Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) equipment based Systems which can result in spares and replacement parts having extended lead times. To optimize turnaround times, OSI conducts System Reliability modelling and Product Support Analysis to identify the Recommended Spares Packages.