Warship Integrated Navigation Solutions (WINS)
OSI Maritime Systems has been providing advanced integrated navigation and tactical solutions to military customers for over 35 years. As a pioneer of Warship Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (WECDIS), the company has grown to be a leading provider of complete integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. OSI currently has 23 Naval Customers from around the world, with more than 600 warships and submarines operating with our world leading integrated navigation and tactical solutions.
At the forefront of the adoption of modern technology, the Brazilian Navy is one of these existing OSI naval Customers:
PHM ATLÂNTICO Amphibious Assault Ship: The Brazilian Navy’s Flagship has a dual WECDIS capability on the bridge as well as Warship-AIS in the Operations Room.
NaPaOc AMAZONAS OPV: All three in the class have a dual WECDIS system, one on the bridge and one in the Ops Room.
TUPI/TIKUNA Class SSK have had a single Digital-Maritime Operations Plot D-MOP system installed during the upgrade of their combat management system.
OSI Maritime’s WECDIS Navigation System – ECPINS®
• Additionally, it is the only independently certified Warship-ECDIS (WECDIS) delivering the full capabilities defined by NATO STANAG 4564 Ed 3.
• ECPINS is designed by military Navigators for military Navigators.
• Conforms to military specification environmental standards as defined by the Customer’s requirements.
• Strength in depth by the additional OSI Capability software modules that can be included to significantly increase the military Navigator’s capability in Operations whilst maintaining the fundamental safe navigation.
OSI Maritime’s WECDIS capability (ECPINS) delivers safety and capability in military situations beyond ECDIS commercial operation and increases interoperability and shared Situational Awareness for the war fighter.
Integrated Navigation System (INS)
OSI Maritime’s bridge solution incorporates our WEDCIS navigation software (ECPINS) into an integrated bridge that meets all the requirements of an Integrated Navigation System (INS) as defined by IMO MSC.252(83). Key elements of which are:
• To enhance the Safety of Navigation by providing integrated and augmented functions to avoid geographic, traffic and environmental hazards.
• Provides ‘added value’ for the operator to plan, monitor and/or control safety of navigation and progress of the ship and delivers:
• Route Planning & Monitoring;
• Collision Avoidance;
• Navigation Control Data;
• Navigation Status & Data display;
• Alert Management
Conformance to IMO standards provides an important baseline for the End User, reducing integration and schedule risks.
OSI Maritime’s INS is designed for military operations and delivers low risk, proven military capability to the warfighting navigator.
Additional Military Layers (AML) Edition 3 coverage
• Military rich Hydrographic information beyond that necessary solely for maritime navigation as defined by SOLAS.
• AMLs are intended enable interoperability supporting the principle of “operating off the same map”.AMLs provide the military maritime user with digital vector and gridded data to support situational awareness across the full range of warfare scenarios at every operating level from strategic planning to tactical operation.
AMLs provide the military maritime user with digital vector and gridded data to support situational awareness across the full range of warfare scenarios at every operating level from strategic planning to tactical operation.
• Thales TACTICOS
• LM Canada CMS330
• Raytheon AN/BYG-1
• SAAB 9LV
• BAES DNA
Our Navigation Tactical Data Distribution Unit (NavTac DDU) provides the interface between the CMS and the IBS and is a single data source from which all other systems can exchange information with the ship’s sensors.
Designed to interface with modern combat management systems, OSI’s NavTac DDU delivers a lowest risk, proven, technically compliant solution to satisfy the requirements of an IMO 252(82) data distribution sub-system for any Class of Surface Combatants or Submarine.
• Operators can change the contact’s name, symbol, or affiliation, as well as set an alarm when the contact is within or outside a specified range, and have the display show slower contacts as smaller symbols.
• Contacts of Interest – W-AIS provides tools to search, sort, filter, query, set alerts and export ARPA, AIS or CMS tracks.
• Deception and Spoofing – W-AIS provides the ability (subject to user-permissions and authentication) to adjust the information transmitted by ownship and to transmit simulated AIS contacts
Incorporating the same WECDIS look & feel, OSI Maritime’s W-AIS delivers a compiled Recognised Maritime Picture (RMP) and has multi-featured Operator Settings
• Instant change to RelNav – Fix + DR or EP.
• Alarmed Primary/Secondary position sources.
• Radar Image Overlay – for display and operation
Enables continued safe open ocean navigation and pilotage in GNSS denied/spoofing environment.
• Provides OOW / AC / FlyCO / FDO with key real-time data to assist safe launch and recovery of aircraft.
• Screen clearly displays ship’s heading, relative wind direction, pitch & roll and history and deck landing limitations.
• Displays preconfigured SHOL patterns for aircraft types cleared to that class of vessel in various configurations inc day / night ops; differing AUMs.
Greatly reduces OOW work load, improves bridge watchkeeping efficiency and increases the OOW/navigation safety as well as flying operations safety.